Saturday, November 27, 2010

What brings people together?

Back after a wedding in Coonoor, a fantastic place to visit in case you are planning a vacation. I reached there and guess what I did? It was just the great weather and my own spirit that took me to a different course of action...something that I am glad I did.

I went to the nearest shop, bought a cricket bat and ball. Then I went to the place where the wedding was scheduled, gathered all the enthusiastic youngsters and then whoa! we started playing the game with such team spirit that there was no need for any conversations. There were people with whom we hadn't exchanged words in years perhaps because we didnt know them well or meet them before but it was amazing how a bat and a ball could get everyone so full of passion and unity. I'm not kidding. After the game, the bonding was just fantastic. 
Sometimes, making conversations are not as important as we believe them to be.
 

10 comments:

Mridula said...

Now that is a great idea!

chitra said...

Good idea Sanand.My hubby carries lot of chocolates in his pockets while attending wedding and we would find children around him. He entertains himself like this when he gets bored with the long ceremony .

Sanand said...

@Mridula - thx!

Chitra - that's a great idea too....kids and grown ups love chocolates and its a terrific way to bond. Great tip, thanks for sharing!

R. Ramesh said...

gr8 idea of course boss..when r u coming with bat and ball to dubai?

SG said...

When the minds mingle, there is no need for any conversation. Glad you had a great time.

SG said...

Thanks for this post. That was a nice experience.

Geeta said...

Games are good ice breakers. Glad it worked well for you.

subu said...

Great! With bat and ball you get more contacts than eye ball to eye ball!

Sanand said...

Friends, I can see from all your responses that I've got a lot of support! Thx!

G said...

What bring people together? Love, I believe.

We are going to India on March, we are so happy and looking forward about it. India for me is a place full of love.